Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Day Five

A Song That Reminds You Of Somebody:
When The Saints go Marching In
Louis Armstrong and Danny Kaye





This song reminds me of my dad. He used to play violin, very badly. He would play this song and we would sing. He had to stop often. He would grin and say that he needed more rosin on the bow, play on, more rosin and then play. My mom would try to get us to quit.

I love this clip. Danny Kaye was supposed to be my future husband back in those days along with:


Tony Curtis

and Kirk Douglas

So... I had not heard that multiple marriage was frowned upon, was called polygamy and was illegal. All I knew was that I wanted all three of these guys. You have to admit, they are pretty cute.

4 comments:

Melanie said...

I love that you're doing this, and I'm absolutely stealing the idea. You also have very good taste in music. I agree with you about Preacher Man. Something about it upsets me and I have no idea what.

Becky said...

I love Danny Kaye. LOVE.


Oh my goodness. "scarn" That's my word. As in agent Michael Scarn. Google it if you don't know what it is. lol. Stinkin' AWESOME.

Deb Shanks said...

FUN video...going to steal it!

The Invisible Mo said...

I love anything by Louis Armstrong. I think I do have one of his CD's. I will look before the trip.