Saturday, November 28, 2009

Santa Parade

This evening I attended the Yorkton Santa Claus parade with the grand kids, Becky, Glen and Angela. The highlight was to touch the Olympic torch. Yup...I touched it. Then I held a candle that the torch group was handing out. Stood out there on the street holding my torch candle thingy slowly turning into a Popsicle. Where are the hot flashes when a person needs them.

Now I am back at Becky's and Glens waiting for Angela and Becky to get back from the store and make supper. It is 7:00pm. I think they are planning to make some kind of spicy Vietnamese soup. I think I will have toast and cereal. It is too late for spicy. I will not feel sorry for them when they are troubled with bad dreams and acid indigestion in the middle of the night although I am sure that they are long past coming to me to make it better so I should be safe, just in case you were worried.

The kids are all pumped up on candy they got from the parade. They gave me all their rejects but even some of those I had to reject so I passed them on to Glen. He gets all the Pete's Pucks candy. Seriously, who in the world would name their candy: Pete's Pucks? They taste like fruit flavored soap. Glen says that they are not too bad. It is an acquired taste. He must have ate a lot of Thrills when he was a kid. For those of you who don't know, that is soap flavored gum. Nasty stuff.

5 comments:

The Invisible Mo said...

Hmmm...sounds like gum and candy I would want to avoid. I'm not a big fan of soapy food.
Sounds like the Santa parade was pretty cool.

Jientje said...

You did Nablompomo! Congratulations!

How time flies; has it really been two years since we met? A lot has happened. Hugs dear. xxx

Margaret said...

I remember Thrills gum. I used to chew it because my friends at school would offer me some and I almost never got gum so it was still a treat. It was AWFUL!

Sue said...

I liked thrills gum! I liked any gum or candy because we didn't get it that often.

Sounds like the parade was fun even if it was cold.
Still no snow!!!!!! yippeeeee!

Becky said...

Yum. Now I want Thrills. That is GOOD stuff. (You can still get it Aunty Susan. I'm gonna get you some for Christmas. In exchange you have to invite me and the boys over for some hot-tubbing.)