Friday, February 13, 2009

Today I Want To....

Finish Up: Get this ready for the mail. I finally finished it and even went to a special store to acquire the little surprise that I wanted to tuck inside. I promised this box, I think, over a year ago. I am not one hundred percent happy with the job that I did. Part of the problem is due to the fact that I can not find the superior boxes that I used to be able to buy. The lid on this is so thin, I can't carve as deep as I would like to. I felt like starting over but decided against it. I had lots of problems with it.My dear husband fixed them all. With tongue in cheek, he told me that he would like some credit. Hahaha! Maybe I should give him all the credit. Maybe the surprise inside will help. I sure hope so.



Explain About My Birthday: My birthday was on Feb. 8th. I did not write about it because I was on a pity party. I had already invited too many others to attend. Seriously! When I am like that, I don't need any further encouragement or the party could go on for days on end. I hope that nobody got the impression that my family was ignoring me. A party was planned. Things just came up to cause it to be cancelled for a little while. Hubby got me this:


It cost him double the price he should have had to pay. He forgot it in the cart outside the store. Nobody turned it in. He had to buy it a second time. He said that I was worth it. I have to wait until Valentines day to get this:


I was distinctly told not to go into the filing cabinet. I FORGOT! Shhh! please do not tell on me.
I love heart shaped boxes. I have always been a sucker for them. I love what is inside the heart shaped boxes even more. I got John some woodworking magazines for Valentines day. Nothing says "I love you" like a woodworking magazine. Seriously! Nothing says "I love you" more than getting him what he asks for.

My daughter, Angela, is taking me out for a girls night only tonight. I don't know what she has planned. Oh my goodness! Part of the plan just walked into the door. Becky, Ben and Sam! Eeeeee! Got to go!

9 comments:

Bientje said...

But Christine, the box has become very lovely! Lovely colours too!
How nice of you to buy John exactly what he wants, that's the best thing we can do for our husbands! Let them give us heart shaped boxes any time right?
Happy valentine to you both!

Margaret said...

Happy beLATEd birthday and Valentine's day combined.

That box is beautiful. Even with nothing tucked inside, I would be very happy to receive such a one-of-kind gift.

Have a great girls only night with both of your daughters.

Momisodes said...

Happy belated birthday!

Hope you have a lovely girls night out tonight :) Just think, in the morning you can have that heart shaped box!

Sue said...

The box is beautiful! Whoever is getting this gift is very lucky indeed!

I think it's hilarious that you peeked in the filing cabinet (by accident I know) but still funny!


I hope you had a lovely evening with your girls!

The Invisible Mo said...

I, too, am a sucker for heart shaped boxes. I only sort of like what's inside them. Not a big chocolate fan! haha.
I think it's great to get things you request and actually want for any occasion. I remember one year when I was married to Michael and he asked me what I wanted for Christmas. I told him I wanted a circular saw. He said, "I can't get you that for Christmas." I said, "Well, then don't ask me what I want. Just get me what you want." (I didn't say it rude, just as a matter of fact.)
I got a circular saw.
It still works, I still use it and that was Christmas of 1973. I thought it was a great gift!

Jientje said...

I hope you had a lovely girls night out Christine, and your box IS VERY lovely!! I'm happy to announce to you that my lace project is coming together too!!I'm even making my own designs now, woohoo! I'm so happy I took that up again!

Christine said...

jientje: I am so excited!

... said...

well, happy belated birthday. and a belated happy valentine's day, too.

i can relate to the pity party. been there too many times. hope you had a nice birthday, tho.

Fluffy said...

Doug bought me a lovely piece of pottery. He saw it on eBay and asked if I wanted it. It had been repaired, but the piece was so unusual that I said yes. So I took him out to Texas Roadhouse. He was happy, too.