Saturday, November 15, 2008

On Our Way

WHY DID THE CHICKEN CROSS THE ROAD?

Bill Gates:
To purchase Chicken 2.01a, which will both cross roads and calculate the energy it used. There are bugs, yes, but if you uninstall Traffic 2.0 and Farmer 1.2 it will run. If it freezes at WhiteLine 2.0, we have a patch ...

Dirk Gently (Holistic Detective):
I'm not exactly sure why, but right now I've got a horse in my bathroom.

Grandpa:
In my day, we didn't ask why the chicken crossed the road. Someone told us that the chicken had crossed the road, and that was good enough for us.

Ernest Hemingway:
To die. In the rain.

Sherlock Holmes:
Do not concern yourself with the chicken that did cross the road; the answer lies with the chicken that did not cross the road.

I love love love this wireless deal. I am sitting in bed just having a great time. There is something comforting about having Internet access. I don't feel so far from home. After this I am going to go to facebook and see who is there. We did meet up with my brother in Calgary and had a nice lunch. After that I drove us through the mountains for quite awhile. I am so proud of myself. I didn't even get scared. John was able to enjoy the scenery and let me tell you there is some of the most magnificent scenery in the world here. I just want to sing:

Oh beautiful... for spacious sky's...for ember waves of grain

For purple mountains majesty...above the fruited plains

Oh Can-a-da Oh Can-a-da God give his grace to thee

And crown thy hmmmm with brotherhood

From sea to shining sea.

O.K.! So I took a little licence with the words and so I forgot them a little bit. I don't think that Betsy Ross would mind. Well... I guess not seeing as how she was the one who built the American flag. Bates! Yes, I am sure that she would not mind.

We are staying the night in Golden. We are tucked tight in the mountains. Tomorrow morning we will go over Rodgers Pass. We are having a great time traveling and the weather has been cooperating. Talk to you tomorrow.

5 comments:

footsack said...

Yes the internet is an amazing thing. So glad you guys are enjoying your trip so far. I agree about it being one of the most beautiful places on earth. I love the mountains! Enjoy the rest of your trip :)

Eve said...

The beautiful Rocky Mountains. I have been down South, and I've been to the Great American Desert, I've been to the East and the West and seen the oceans there. I've been to New Orleans and traversed the swamps. I've seen the Great Smoky Mountains and I've passed through Amish Country. I've even crossed the mighty Mississippi. NOTHING can beat the beautiful Rocky Mountains!!! Glad you're enjoying your trip. And I'm glad you've got the internet going so you can bring us along.

Unknown said...

I wish you were taking pictures of the scenery. Oh, I am on Facebook, too.

The Invisible Mo said...

I think Bill Gates's answer is the best. LOL.
Sounds like your trip is going very well, so far.
I think it's great that you still get to come online and keep in touch while traveling.

Fluffy said...

I crossed the Rockies about two lifetimes ago. I didn't break out in song however. My traveling companion was duely grateful.