Thursday, October 02, 2008

Beyond Funny!

My hard work and attention to detail at work in shipping and receiving has finally paid off! YES! Big time! Today I received an award for perfection.

At my age focus and retaining new things is a challenge. This has been an uphill battle for me but I slogged along and persevered. I have had to earn the respect of my co-workers. That has been an uphill battle. A hard uphill battle. At times the two people that I have worked with have not been very patient or helpful. That is putting it mildly! They seemed to do as much as possible to make me feel stupid and unwanted. After the training I had decided not to work in that department again. I had not had to opportunity to refuse shifts because they had not phoned and asked me to come in, that was until a couple of weeks ago. They phoned. They needed me to come in due to other staff being very sick. They said please. Forgetting my previous resolve, I came in. I felt nervous.

Deliveries had not been made for days because they had no one to do that. Their phone had been ringing non-stop. People were angry at the lack of service.

Act One
Ring...Ring:

Store Keeper: Hello...stores here.

Angry Person: Yes...I was wondering where our order is? We placed it three days ago.

Store Keeper: I am sorry. We are working short and do not have the staff to do deliveries and we are behind on filling the orders. If you are desperate we can fill the order but you will have to come down and get it.

Angry Person: Fine! Phone slams hurting the ear of the over worked Store Keeper

I came in and went to work. I filled order upon order and delivered and delivered. The attitude of my co-workers did a total 390 degree turn. I was actually thanked for my help. I have been working there for a couple of weeks now. Today was the best yet:

Act Two

Lady From Pharmacy: Who filled our order yesterday?

Older Focus Challenged And Still Somewhat Under Confident Store Keeper: I did.
I could not figure out how I could have messed up the order. It was a very large order but I went through it systematically and carefully double checked everything. With bated breath, I waited to be shown my errors.


Lady From Pharmacy: I want to congratulate you because it was perfect. I want to give you an award for that. I made it just for you! Our orders are seldom perfect. There is usually a mistake. This order made me so happy. She came over to me and slapped this on my chest:


I received my award as my co-workers looked on. It may not look like much but...oh...how sweet and yes... this was beyond funny! Am I crowing? You are durn right I am! I just hope I don't do something tomorrow that has me eating crow! Hahaha!

8 comments:

Eve said...

Good for you. It's nice to be appreciated, isn't it?

Becky said...

Slick. That star rocks. I want one.

Margaret said...

Very cool star. I think the best revenge is doing a job better than anyone else. Way to go.

The Invisible Mo said...

As a fellow "focus and retaining things" challenged person I wish to congratulate you on not only focusing and retaining, but giving the good old one-up manship to someone who obviously needed it!

footsack said...

GOOD FOR YOU!!!!

Bientje said...

People should show their appreciation more! Why is it that we always know when something has gone wrong and never know when it is good?
Way tho go pharmacist lady!!!

Bientje said...

People should show their appreciation more! Why is it that we always know when something has gone wrong and never know when it is good?
Way tho go pharmacist lady!!!

Fluffy said...

Cool!
But, wouldn't it look better in the middle of your forehead?