Sunday, November 25, 2007

To heaveninbelgium



Pepper Cookies (Peppernuts)

2 c. white sugar
1 c. lard or margarine
2 eggs
1 c. molasses
2 tsp. baking soda in 1/2c. hot water
1 tsp. ginger
1 tsp. pepper 1/4tsp. salt
5c. flour

Mix in the order given and bake at 350 degrees F. for 10 to 12 minutes


Hahaha! This is without a doubt one of the least informative recipes I have seen for a while. Ummm. the author (my mother-in-law) assumes the person wanting to make these knows what they are. I pulled it out of an old church cook book. She is a wonderful cook. I doubt that she even looks at recipes for much. Anyway...mix them up...roll them into little balls about the size of hazelnut. Bake. I would keep your eye on them. Don't over bake or they will be so hard you will break your teeth. They are a hard cookie but I think I read that you were just at the dentist!

A Pet A Day:

Todays feature pet is my grandcat Shyla. She lived at my house for about three years. Now she lives with her real owner.(my daughter) She was a rescue cat. We think that she was a from a feral cat's litter. She was very timid as a kitten and still spooks easily. Once she decides that you are O.K. as a human she will not leave you alone.

Soft...sweet...shy...rabid?

A year ago she fell off her cat condo and tore a tendon. She had to have surgery . This is what she did with the pain medications. She is a tiny cat but it was almost impossible for even two people to get that pill down her. She is doing fine now although she ca't jump up onto tables or any high areas.

5 comments:

Sue said...

That looks like a very stressed out cat.

Toad said...

she was stressed out. i laugh everytime i see that picture. those cookies sound gross.

Toad said...

actually now that i think of it, shyla is stressed out about 24 hours a day. she runs around like a spaz freaked out of everyone. once she was hiding in my cupboards for about 4 days. i would hear her at night but she would run and hide if she heard me.

Christine said...

She came a long way socially.

Toad said...

THAT'S BECAUSE OF MY UNFAILING LOVE.