Monday, November 23, 2009

No Relief In Sight

I am feeling my age plus throw an extra ten or twenty years to that. I have been too busy the last few days gallivanting about. It is seven thirty and bed looks very attractive. Becky and I have about another hour of house work to do before I can start to think about it. Gadding about does not equal a clean house. I have a truck load of laundry. I don't understand how one person and one puppy can generate the amount that is piled up in the laundry room. Becky and I and Sammy and Ben and Hannah took Grandma Newson for lunch and shopping. She bought two new outfits and stocked up on Gold Bond. My feet hurt and my shoulders ache from putting the wheelchair in and out of the trunk but it was worth it. She has so few opportunities to have a day spent on whatever she wants to do.

Just in case you think I am exaggerating about how exhausting that all was, on the way home from dropping my mom off , Ben told me that he was very tired from all that walking about and he sure hopes that we don't plan to do that again anytime soon. I told him he was a very good boy today and helped us a lot. He said that was because he was wanted to get his prize. Haha! I guess his mother had bribed him.

The one thing that I had intended to get done today was not done. Tomorrow is another day but it is not looking much better as far as going full throttle is concerned.

7 comments:

Becky said...

Oh yeah! We forgot to go pay your Visa bill! Whoops. Tomorrow for sure. LOL.

footsack said...

Well..it sounds like you had a good day! That's usually the way I feel after shopping with Melanie :) I can't go like she does anymore either. I really feel old then.
It's so nice that your mom is still able to get out and about and that you live close enough to take her :)

Melanie said...

LOL - that's because I shop like Grandma, not like you. I like to look.

Ben is hilarious, that's pretty stinking cute. Glad your mom got to get out and have such a nice day with you guys. I'm sure she loved it.

Sue said...

Sounds like you had a good day even though it was tiring.

Lucy said...

Full throttle days are both fulfilling and exhausting I always need a down day or two after a good Full trottle day. So, today you should just play on your computer, there I have given you permission to loaf, now don't you feel better (lol)

Momisodes said...

You are such a sweetheart. I can only imagine how exhausting the day was. Wheelchairs are incredibly heavy. I had a heck of a time when I was down in Florida with my grandma.

Unknown said...

Does your puppy wear clothes? LOL I just giggled at the "one person and one puppy" laundry comment. What about Roscoe? LOL