Friday, April 10, 2009

The Spring Flower

What a difference a good camera and a good photographer makes! Here she is, looking like herself. In defense of me for the bad picture, I was rushed and under duress. The nurse wanted to get her hands on her to get her weighed and measured. I had a hard time getting a good angle. Poor pumpkin, Grandma took a picture looking straight up her nose and with her mouth hanging open. She is a good baby and deserves a better photo. She is so sweet and patient. She is going to need that with her two wild brothers. Mommy is going to need that too. She can't believe how good she is. So far, she sleeps like a baby. That is new.



This is the best view of the hair that her mom could get. I would say that she is a strawberry blond, now that she had a shampoo. We are hoping that she gets to keep this color. Hairdressers work overtime trying to get this color. Her mother had red highlights but not as much. Her mom's hair turned the most beautiful shade of golden blond. I loved making it into ringlets. Hannah looks very much like her mother. Isn't she pretty in pink? Her skin is so soft. Sammy calls her his little softie.


I love the variety that we got. Abigail is such a dark beauty. Hannah is like a spring flower. I think I am going to go out and buy a tea set for them today. What fun we are going to have! I can hardly wait until she wakes up this morning. I think mommy is going to try some cloths on her. It is going to be funny. She is going to drown in them. She is such a little peanut.

10 comments:

Momisodes said...

She is a doll! I just love the photo of her sleeping. Just so beautiful and sweet.

I love those early days when they sleep so quietly, and snuggle in your arms.

Just precious.

Sue said...

Can't wait to meet this little doll!

... said...

i think the photos are beautiful, as she is such a beautiful baby. congratulations.

i can't wait until i'm a grandma!

Unknown said...

Grandma's are allowed to take pictures, even is the pictures are not the most flattering.

My third child slept so much that I thought they gave me the wrong baby at the hospital. The first two cried non-stop until they were six years old, it seemed.

footsack said...

Her hair is the same color as Cadence's. That is so cute!! You must be so proud and in love. She is adorable!!

little erin said...

she is beautiful!

Lucy said...

What a beautiful little girl!!!

Jientje said...

She is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SWEET!!! And you love her so much, I can tell!!!

The Invisible Mo said...

She is adorable. I really think she looks like Ben, though!

Fluffy said...

My little brother still has a beautiful shade of light red hair. He got into so much trouble when he was growing up that my Dad used to say, "Are you sure he's ours?" She just might give those brothers a run for the money.