Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Trans Siberian Orchestra

I have always wondered what it would be like to be able to see music. Now I know. Trans Siberian Orchestra offered their audience a total sensory extravaganza and the audience here took it all in with enthusiasm. John's hands were sore at the end of the evening because he had clapped so mush. They played non stop except for a short period of time when they introduced themselves a little more than halfway through the performance. I noticed during that time that a few people got up and left. I think they thought the show was over and left to beat the traffic. I thought the show was over. It had been wonderful and I had felt it was well worth the twenty dollars that I had spent. I was a little sad because they had not performed some of their more popular pieces. After the introductions the director asked us in his lovely Bostonian accent, if we would now like to have some real fun. The fun began. I think that they played almost another hour and a half. There was no intermission. All evening and with each piece, I thought that it could not be possible to beat what they had just pulled off and was expecting things to get repetitious. The show never got repetitious. All in all it was a crazy wonderful show. They preformed with energy and enthusiasm. Best twenty dollars I have ever spent on entertainment. I can not believe that it was so inexpensive. I give them all a standing O. They are coming back in nine months. I hope to attend again.

6 comments:

... said...

sounds like a great show. i'm sure i would enjoy this, too, so i'm going to look them up and see if they're coming any where near me.

glad you had such a good time.

Saucy said...

I'm glad you enjoyed it... this may sound absolutely uninspired and uneducated and uncool, but I can't listen to classical music! It makes my heart race. Seriously, when it's playing in a store, I have to get out!! It's like I'm going to have a panic attack. I must be missing something. My son lurrves it.

Christine said...

@ Saucy: This was rock classical. Maybe you would have been O.K. with it. A lot of it was quite edgy.

footsack said...

That was an amazing light show if nothing else. Even though I am not into that kind of music that much, I would have gone and seen them for $20 that is for sure. So glad you guys enjoyed them. I hope your trip out to Seattle is blessed in every way.

Eve said...

I'm envious. Like Diana I think I'm going to have to Google them and see if they're coming to a theater near me.

The Invisible Mo said...

Still jealous! haha