Monday, January 21, 2008

This That and Other Things

If this post comes out even a little coherent I will be happy. My eyes are crossed . Why? Because I had to unknit my Sweater For My Sweetheart back to row 24. I worked all day to get back to row 68. If you go back and look at the picture carefully, you will see that I made a mistake in the cabling. I can't believe that I didn't see that! I took a picture and everything! My brain focus is probably minus whatever and then whatever was left I destroyed when I banged my head on the wall out of frustration! So Jientje, if I took a picture of the sweater, it would appear to have shrunk.

I learned a new medical word today. Rigors (pronounced ryegors) This term is used for sudden chills and shivering. More details are posted on: The John Braun Page

I was going to post a rant about dogs on chains and beware of dog signs not being enough precaution or protection for children in the neighborhood but I am running out of steam and really need to get to sleep. Yes...another child (5 yr. old) got mauled by a rottie! Arrgh! After 29 stitches she will be O.K. Why...oh why do people not build child proof dog runs if they insist on keeping animals like this.

I have to try to get to the grocery store sometime today. I took inventory of my fridge. I have milk...cheese cake...cheese...a roast (frozen and which I don't have time to cook) raw broccoli and cauliflower and two bags of frozen corn. My options for food today consist of condiments and the above. Hospital food...I just can't go there...is expensive and gross for the most part. I think that I will go and get some take out on the way to the hospital today. I wonder what is open this early in the morning. I need to stop of at the post office as well. Sorry...I am just trying to organize my brain.

3 comments:

Eve said...

I have selected you to receive the coveted “You Make My Day Award.” I hope you will stop by my blog and pick it up. It is quite pretty and will add great color to your sidebar.

Picking out is precisely the reason I stick with less-complicated patterns. Good luck on getting it done without further back-tracking!

Momisodes said...

Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear about the sweater....that must have been extremely frustrating. I hope you made it to the grocery store....
there's a tag for you at Momisodes if you're interested in playing :)

Fluffy said...

You know, you could have only unknit the cable area and reknit with some dp needles. The trouble is that it takes so long and is so frustrating that you don't save any time. You might as well take the whole thing apart anyway. OK. You can slap me now.