Friday, December 28, 2007

Rats! Out come the chickens!

Somehow over the holidays I have managed to catch a cold. So far John is O.K. , has no symptoms and everybody else in the house seems to be fine as well. That is good. I have exiled myself to my room and only come out if I am wearing a mask and have sanitized my hands. Ben asked me why I was dressed like a Doctor. I told him I was trying to make the cold stay in my nose and not go anywhere else. He looked at my like I had lost it. I told him that it would not be nice if the cold in my nose got into his nose and made him sick too. That seemed to make a little more sense to him although he still had that "are you sure you know what you are talking about" look to him. Jonathan and Melissa and Noah seem to be doing fine and think that they should be able to come over by Sunday. I hope that I am better to by then and can enjoy a Christmas celebration with them. Anyway I slept a good portion of the day away. I have a good book to read. I am keeping my feet warm and drinking a lot of Chai tea. So soothing!


6 comments:

Jientje said...

Oh my God!!! You caught mine!!!!
I'm soooooooooo sorry!!!

Momisodes said...

Oh no! Did I breathe too heavily on your page? Maybe I passed my sickness onto you too...(I attribute blog365 to the fever induced delirium). So sorry to hear you're not feeling well. Those are so spiffy slippers though :)

Eve said...

Feel better soon. You do know that they say the best cure for a cold is some chicken soup?

Christine said...

I am going to eat some left over turkey and some other odds and ends. My fridge i stuffed because I cooked way to much as usual. Cabbage rolls anybody? Anybody???

Sue said...

I love the slippers!!! It's too bad tht you HAVE TO where them though. I hope you are feeling better soon and can enjoy your family Christams. Cabbage rolls sound good. Can a person ever have too many cabbage rolls.


Mom has a nice big pot of chicken soup.

Margaret said...

Oh, Chris. I am so sorry for you. We will pray that John stays virus free and that you feel better very soon. I love your slippers.