Saturday, April 04, 2020

For Sanity

How time flies. Last post was 11 years ago. Thought I would take a break from Farm Town and pop on over here and see if I can maybe put something together that makes, I don't know, makes, well whatever, I don't know, anything will do. Right?

The world has gone crazy but that is not what I want to talk about. We have all had way too much of that.

When all else fails to make me laugh I go for a drive down memory Lane, pass a few by quickly cause they may not be too good and then "bingo" find one that cracks me up. Bingo- Moms cooking, quirky, shocking, funny and traumatic all rolled into one. Chicken noodle soup and mushroom soup all cooked together for our dining enjoyment. Oh, the memory of the look on my younger brothers face when faced with this delectable creation and then too top it all off, his very misguided and out of control urge to have to say something " ahem, slightly negative" about his bowl of soup. Pinch me. I must be dreaming. To clarify things, my brother was to my Mom like Raymond was to Marie. I was the female version of Robby. Her eyes narrowed. She froze him with the look. She frothed at the mouth. Ha, not really! She didn't actually froth but I am sure she showed her teeth. I will leave the rest of the story to your imagination.

Lately I have been having an urge to have some Tuna Casserole.  Mom used to make that during some of her better cooking days. I have her old cookbook. It is all worn and grubby. David says that I maybe I should wipe it down and make it a little more presentable. I can't. I can see the finger marks of some long past unidentifiable substance. It takes me back to yesterday when I was a little girl. The world was safe. I had no more serious concerns than turnips in the soup. Comfort food. I need some of that. We all could use some of that.

No comments: