Sunday, March 20, 2011

Day One

Thirty Day Song Challenge
Day One
Favourite Song:
Remember
Harry Nilsson




It is a very hard thing to do to pick my favourite song of all time but I think I managed it. This would have to be it. It is so pretty, Harry has a remarkable voice, and it creates emotion. I can't listen to it without crying and now it makes me cry more than ever. I used to imagining an old woman toward the end of her days thinking back over her life and longing for her youth and all the wonderful things that she experienced, wishing she could do it all over again, remembering. Now I fear that I have become somewhat like the woman of my imaginings even though I know I still have lots to experience, so much is behind me, so much that is now only memories. Now close your eyes. Remember.

3 comments:

The Invisible Mo said...

I don't think I could ever do this thirty day challenge. I always have a hard time picking favorites. Such is the nature of fickleness and I love so many songs! You will like the sound of my captcha.
It is:

jeckkqpy

LOL

Christine said...

I think you should do the challenge. It would give you a reason to post your blog again. You only have to pick a favorite once and it can be one of your many favorites.

Avaelyn said...

Ohhhhh that is a beautiful song! Nice choice, Auntie Chris. I think I am going to do this on my blog, too, instead of on Facebook.